Thursday, December 21, 2006

What should be the most blessed time of year has, this year especially, turned into one of the most hectic Christmas seasons I've had in a long time. Here it is the 21st and I am not even done my shopping yet. I still have at least 6 gifts left to buy. I need to do some baking and I have to get to house ready for the gathering on the 23rd. I have to go buy groceries and I just found out that the girls brother, Charlie who is still living with the original adoptive parents has been told that they are not celebrating Cristmas this year and that he should call and ask if he can have Christmas with us. Of course I said yes when he called. He is coming on Christmas Eve and staying as long as he feels he needs to. The adoptive parents are cutting all ties to the four kids in the new year so Charlie is going to a new foster home. He's 17 and has been pretty much allowed to come and go as he pleased so I think he would really struggle living in our house where he would actually have to follow rules. We'll see how Christmas goes.
My kids were actually wishing for snow at Christmas and I would much rather have had it at Christmas than when we did get it. I hated driving in it, although with the school closed half the time I didn't need to drive, but then I didn't get to go to work either. It looks like we will have a wet Christmas this year if you can believe the weather network. It is calling for rain and +9 on Christmas Day. Rain aside, I am looking forward to Christmas. The gathering should be loads of fun and if I ever get organized things should turn out pretty wonderful.
So, to all of you in Saskatchewan this Christmas, I hope you have a wonderful time with your families. I especially hope you have a wonderful time at Henry and Margaret's on the 30th, which I just remembered is Jerrod's birthday. I wish we could be there with you all.
I may not find the time for another post before Christmas, so Merry Christmas!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOUNDS PRETTY CRAZY. I HOPE YOU GET IT ALL DONE. I WISH I COULD SEE YOU THIS CHRISTMAS. OH WELL. MAYBE ANOTHER TIME.

ANG

footsack said...

I have only baked one batch of cookies this year which is sad, but I moved only a month ago and so I have an excuse. I'm taking it anyway. Exactly when on the 23rd are we coming???

Sue said...

I hope you all have a great time. We will miss you. Maybe you should all plan a big trip here this spring or summer.

Unknown said...

Hooray, I can't wait for Saturday. This time I don't have to work, and won't have to come over and have the leftovers again.

Trav said...

i think my mom has a great idea... pass on a happy bday to tye for me too... and doft too if and when you see him

thanx

jude said...

Merry Christmas to you and you children Margaret!!

Anonymous said...

See you tomorrow night, I'm sure you'll get it all organized.

Becky said...

Merry Christmas Aunty Margaret! We miss you!

Sue said...

Happy Birthday Tyler! Hope you have a great day.

Carol said...

It looks like you got it all done. It was great on the 23rd.

Sue said...

Did any one take pictures?